Towards Secure Transport Systems
The EUSTO consortium invites you to its final international conference in Dresden/Germany! EUSTO is a project funded under the “Prevention, Preparedness and Consequence Management of Terrorism and other Security-related risks Programme” of EU DG Home Affairs. The driving force behind this initiative is the need for promoting sustainable cooperation between the actors involved in the protection of surface transportation infrastructures and aims to provide means for the identification and addressing of emerging threats. Conference sessions will cover topics related to:
- Transportation security research: results from empirical studies and modelling
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP): experiences, emerging threats, risk awareness and counter measures
- Cooperation and collaboration among stakeholders: paving the way for the rapid deployment of security innovations
- European and national regulations: status of implementation and effectiveness
- The future of CIP: revision of the European directive 2008/114 and supporting measures
This conference is a unique opportunity to get in contact with experts in the field of surface transport and its protection, to exchange knowledge and experiences. The event will take place in “the heart of the Free State of Saxony” – the City of Dresden, which has a long history as the royal residence and as a centre of science, art and industry. Participation is free of charge but registration per e-mail is required. Please send an e-mail containing your name, title, affiliation and position to the conference organiser Dr. Ralf Hedel (Fraunhofer IVI). If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.